Ankeny Allergy Treatment
Providing You & Your Family Relief
Allergies can sometimes wreak havoc depending on the time of the year. You may be dealing with watery, tired eyes, a runny nose, or nasal congestion, and if allergy symptoms have you hiding in your house or reaching for your medication every day, it may be time to turn to an allergist that can provide you with effective strategies to control your symptoms.
Luckily, at Allergy Institute P.C., we provide comprehensive and tailored allergy treatment options to those living in and around West Des Moines, Ankeny, Newton, Osceola, and Perry IA, areas.
When to See a Doctor
Mild allergies can often be managed through simple over-the-counter medications such as antihistamines; however, there are instances where these medications just won’t be effective enough.
It might be time to consult our allergists here in West Des Moines, IA, and the surrounding areas if:
- You are dealing with allergy symptoms for more than a month
- Your allergy symptoms are interfering with your life and routine
- Your current medications aren’t providing you with relief
- You’re dealing with recurring sinus infections or ear infections
- Your allergies keep you up at night or interrupt your sleep
- You have allergies along with preexisting health problems such as diabetes or thyroid disorder
How an Allergist Can Help
When you come into our practice the first thing we will do is have the initial consultation and if needed, we will run the appropriate tests to find out what’s causing your symptoms. We will diagnose your allergies and then map out a customized treatment plan based on what’s triggering your symptoms. We will prescribe stronger and more effective medication that you won’t get over-the-counter and lifestyle modifications that help you avoid the offending allergens.
Treatment for allergies may include:
- Avoidance: The first line of defense is to avoid allergens as much as possible.
- Medications: Various medications can help alleviate allergy symptoms.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is a long-term treatment option that aims to desensitize the immune system to specific allergens.
Our team will continue to work with you and monitor your symptoms regularly to make sure that your symptoms are being properly managed through the treatment plan we’ve mapped out and the medications we’ve provided.
You must treat your allergy symptoms as soon as possible, as allergies can get worse and more severe if left untreated or not properly controlled.
We can work with you to find the right strategies and measures to help alleviate your allergy symptoms throughout the year.
“Best experience I think I have ever had with a doctor and clinic. They really took the time to listen and figure out what was going on. I appreciate their time, efforts and sincerity in making sure I felt better.”- Melissa B.
“This was my first time seeing an allergist and the entire staff made my first visit nothing short of amazing. Alexandra Jansen was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions.”- Cameron D.
“Great experience! The staff is thorough and compassionate and provided excellent care for our 8 month old. We were seen for a food allergy and no question was left unanswered. We would definitely recommend them to family and friends.”- Lindsey L.